Colour-coded cleaning is a simple but amazingly effective approach to maintain hygiene of a facility. It is the process of designating colours to cleaning equipment, tools, and materials to be used in certain areas of a venue. This will reduce the spread of germs across areas and increase hygiene of a venue.
During cleaning, the employees can have a clear identification of cleaning items, their application and restriction to areas. It helps to prevent cross contamination during the cleaning process & improves hygiene.
Every colours has it meaning
Colour-coded system has designated colour for each major work areas. The 5 colour codes are green, red, blue, yellow and white.
- Red: Bathrooms and toilets
- Blue: General areas and general cleaning including wards, departments
- Green: Kitchen and food preparation areas
- Yellow: Infectious/isolation Areas
- White: Clinical areas, operating theatre. Predominately for healthcare and hospitals
Benefits of colour-coded cleaning
- Colour-coding System clears up confusion, simplifies training, provides oversight and reduces cross-contamination
- Minimizes possible cross-contamination which improves employee health, safety, and productivity.
- Understanding this method gives you greater peace of mind and confidence.
- Ensures the delivery of high-quality cleaning services and builds solid trust with clients.
- Avoids mistaking tools to and from their restricted area: Red to Green, Blue to Red or Vice-versa.
How we implement this colour-coded cleaning into practice?
- We train our staff about the importance of colour-codeding and how to work in different areas.
- We provide/purchase colour-coded equipment’s, tools, and material for each area.
- Our staff must always follow our colour-coded guidelines.
#OFFICE CLEANING – SYDNEY #COMMERCIAL CLEANING – SYDNEY # STRATA CLEANING – SYDNEY # CHILDCARE CENTRE CLEANING – SYDNEY # MEDICAL CENTRE CLEANING – SYDNEY # SCHOOL CLEANING – SYDNEY