Hiring a commercial cleaning company is a crucial decision for any business. With numerous options available, it can be overwhelming to find the right one. However, it’s essential to prioritize security, trust, cleaning quality, and cost when considering a cleaning company.
You are placing the safety, privacy, and security of your premises and employees in the hands of the cleaning company you choose, as well as the cleanliness of your workplace, which will leave a lasting impression on all who see it.
To help you make an informed decision, here are fifteen factors to consider before hiring a cleaning company:
- Experience: Make sure the company you are considering has experience with the specific cleaning services you require for your business. Look for a company that can tailor a custom cleaning plan based on their expertise and ask about your cleaning expectations.
- Security and training: It’s essential to ensure that the cleaning staff you hire is trustworthy. Ask about the company’s process for pre-screening and training employees. Induction into policies and procedures, site-specific cleaning training, and business security measures are all important.
- Insurance: Don’t forget to ask about insurance, including liabilities, compensations, and umbrella policies. You don’t want to be left with unexpected bills or legal costs in case of an accident or damage.
- Scope of work and checklist: A professional cleaning company should provide a scope of work and checklist for their cleaners to follow. Checklists signed off at the start and completion of cleaning duties, as well as random site inspections, can ensure that the agreed scope of work is being met.
- Treatment of cleaning staff: It’s essential to consider how a cleaning company treats and motivates their staff. Employees, as opposed to contractors, are more invested in providing the best standard of cleaning service and are more accountable and manageable.
- Customer service: Make sure the company has clear communication channels for requests, issues, or complaints, and that there is someone you can contact to ensure matters are addressed promptly.
- Service guarantees: Look for guarantees around service and know what steps you can take if you are unhappy. This could include free redos if the job is not done right the first time or a satisfaction guarantee.
- Environmental practices: Consider the company’s environmental practices, including the use of eco-friendly products and recycling initiatives.
- Price: Don’t solely base your decision on price. Instead, look for value for money and a balance between quality and cost.
- References: Don’t be afraid to ask for references and read reviews to get a sense of the company’s reputation and track record.
- Flexibility: Look for a company that is flexible and willing to work around your schedule, whether that means cleaning during off-hours or on weekends.
- Customization: Consider a company that is willing to customize their services to meet your specific needs and preferences. This could include providing specialized cleaning services or using specific products.
- Certification: Look for a company that is certified by a reputable organization, such as the Building Service Contractors Association of Australia (BSCAA) or If the company is ISO certified. This can provide reassurance that the company follows best practices and has a high level of professionalism.
- Technology: Many cleaning companies are using technology to streamline their operations and improve the quality of their services. Look for a company that uses technology to communicate with their customers, track their work, and monitor the quality of their services.
- Responsiveness: Choose a company that is responsive to your needs and concerns. This could include being available to answer your questions, addressing any issues promptly, and being flexible to accommodate your schedule.
#OFFICE CLEANING – SYDNEY #COMMERCIAL CLEANING – SYDNEY # STRATA CLEANING – SYDNEY # CHILDCARE CENTRE CLEANING – SYDNEY # MEDICAL CENTRE CLEANING – SYDNEY # SCHOOL CLEANING – SYDNEY