Health and Safety
Multix Services Pty Ltd T/A Xlent Cleaning is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for its employees, clients, visitors and anyone else who may be affected by its business operations. We comply with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, and provide resources to maintain a safe workplace and continuously improve health and safety.
Intent of this policy
The intent of this policy is to ensure:
- work health and safety (WHS) is an integral part and at the core of the way Xlent Cleaning operates;
- compliance with all applicable federal and state legislation;
- effectively implementing a best practice work health and safety system to eliminate or minimise the risks, so far as is reasonably practicable, to the health and safety of everyone involved in or may be affected by business activities; and
- that safe workplaces are maintained by regularly assessing health and safety risks through actions such as regular reviews, audits and implementing appropriate control measures.
Responsibility for managing health and safety ultimately rests with the Xlent Cleaning Managing Director. Importantly, workplace health and safety is a shared responsibility, and every member of staff has a role in keeping themselves and their workplaces healthy and safe. Managers and supervisors are responsible within their scope of authority to implement work health and safety policies, procedures and practices.
The goal of Xlent Cleaning is to provide a safe and healthy work environment free from workplace injury and illness. This can only be achieved through the active participation, cooperation and commitment of everyone in the workplace.
- designing and implementing safe working systems
- identifing hazards, assessing risks and implementing measures to eliminate or minimise risk as far as is possible
- exercise due diligence to ensure the health and safety of employees, clients or anyone else affected by business activities
- comply with all relevant federal/ state legistlation, regulations and guidelines
- provide adequate initial safety training, information and supervision and ensure continuous improvement in policies, practices and procedures
- design, purchase, install and maintain a safe site, equipment and products
- allocate sufficient resources to maintain healthy and safe working environments
- maintain documentation for compliance and record-keeping purposes
- take prompt remedial action in case of injury and provide appropriate rehabilitation service
- adhere to all instructions, safe work practices and rules
- immediately report any accidents or injuries, or unsafe work conditions or equipment to management
- do not carry out unusual or unfamiliar tasks unless safety insutructons are given about to do so
- do not misuse, damage, refuse to use, or interfere with anything provided in the interest of work health and safety
- carry out each tasks in a manner which ensures individual health and safety and that of all other employees and visitors
- co-operate with all other employees to enable health and safety standards and responsibilities for everyone to be met
- provide adequate information about potential hazards
- clients should, wherever possible, be involved in conducting risk assessments and developing solutions
- provide secure access to cleaning room/s and allow reasonable modifications to be made ( if necessary) to ensure the safety and well-being of Xlent Cleaning staff
- provide prompt advice and noticication of any damage and/or breakages which have the potential for increased health and safety risks
- provide prompt advice about any unusual situations or circumstances that may occur in the workplace and have a bearing on healh and safety
So that this policy can be implemented quickly and effectively, Xlent Cleaning seeks the active cooperation of all its staff, clients, visitors and others who might be engaged with its business operations. This policy applies to all aspects of our operations and functions.
Changes to this policy:
This policy will be reviewed, amended, and updated from time to time with changes communicated to everyone involved.
Safety is our top priority
Xlent Cleaning has a legal obligation under the Workplace Health and Safety Act, 2011, to ensure the health and safety of all workers, clients, visitors and anyone else who is affected by our business operations. We fulfil our legal obligations by identifying real and potential risks that may exist at the workplace and managing them in the safest possible way.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment. It is company policy to make every reasonable effort to prevent accidents, protect employees, clients and visitors from injury, and promote the health, safety and welfare of employees, clients, visitors and the community.
Safety is more than just complying
Safety is an integral part of the Xlent Cleaning business. At Xlent Cleaning, safety is more than just complying with rules, regulations and policy; it is about creating and fostering a strong safety culture through effective safety management. We provide regular specialist training for its staff to prepare them for the unfamiliar hazards they may encounter or face in different situations and encourage them in safe working behaviours and habits.
Xlent Cleaning regularly consults with its clients and team members on matters affecting workplace health, safety and welfare and strives to keep workplaces safe. In turn, we expect a responsible and professional approach from staff to ensure that safety targets are met and an excellent safety record is obtained.
Keeping workplaces safe and compliant
At Xlent Cleaning, safety is a top priority and it is dedicated to discharging its legal obligations by complying with relevant laws, regulations, guidelines and safe work practices.
Our comprehensive occupational health and safety system entails all requisite measures to keep workplaces safe and compliant. To effectively implement this system, Xlent Cleaning provides adequate initial safety training to staff through an On-line Induction and Training programme. We also provide continuous safety training to staff at regular intervals.
We never compromise on safety
Xlent Cleaning acknowledges its responsibility to provide, maintain and seek to continuously improve health and safety standards and practices on premises in which it operates services. Our Risk Assessment and Management system will be in place at all premises to identify common causes of injury such as
• Manual tasks • Slips, trips and falls • Chemical Hazards • Biological hazards • Hazardous substances ( eg sharps) • Electrical hazards • External hazards • Vehicle hazards • Working alone
And enact control measures to eliminate or manage risks to an acceptable levels.
Our occupational health and safety management system employs the following hierarchy of hazard control strategies for all potential hazards
Safety is everyone’s responsibility – achieving safety goals together
We aim to provide a healthy and safe workplace through implementing occupational health and safety system into service operations at all levels. we plan comprehensive and site-specific work health and safety policies, procedures, plans and strategies in consultation and cooperation between management, clients and staff.
Xlent Cleaning strongly believes that its occupational health and safety system will be more effective if everyone works in partnership to manage potential risks.